The Forum is actively seeking to shape a common strategy for the whole of the transport system. The overall aim is to help give Sweden a boost. To succeed, we need to address both the problems and the challenges we all face.
Watchwords in everything we do are clear priorities, focus and collaboration. By working together, we can create a more efficient system of transport innovation in Sweden. Of course, all the different stakeholders in the transport system have visions of their own for innovation and development in this sector. That is as it should be, but by coordinating these different strategies and goals, we greatly improve the prospects of success.
This is what we do:
- Bring together major stakeholders driven by a common goal of shaping a national development and innovation strategy for the transport system.
- Based on that strategy, we define common objectives for innovation and development, as well as identifying common strategic issues that can be developed into innovation objectives.
- For each of these objectives, we develop detailed roadmaps. These identify what activities need to be carried out, when, and with what knowledge and skills, to achieve each innovation objective.
- On the basis of the roadmaps defined, we initiate demonstration projects that can help to realise the innovation objectives.
- We also make use of the various tools for implementation that are already established in the area of transport research.